There are two non negotiable's in referee progression: physical fitness and game reviews. Both are totally in your control, but the VRRA is here to help where we can with both.
Meet Cameryn our newest team member, ready to record your games! You wear a GPS tag and a radio, and Cameryn will follow you. Our goal is to get Cameryn to record games that aren't caught by RV recordings, and to give you footage to help with your game reviews.
If you're new to game reviews, start with the Game Review Summary that is on the Library page, or talk to a referee coach. If in doubt send a message to vrracoach at gmail dot com.
Sunday, 27 March 2022
Sunday, 20 March 2022
Monday, 14 February 2022
Wednesday, 2 February 2022
And with a blink of an eye... its February already. Time get stuck into rugby:
- Fitness - Join your referee colleagues at Noel Clarke Field (Power House Rugby Ground) 6:30pm Mondays
- Registration - go to https://myaccount.rugby.com.au, sign in, go to Register, search for Victorian Referees, click all the buttons.
- Annual update - 26th Feb @ Moorabbin, put it in your diary - better still go to the calendar on the right hand side of this page and add our google calendar to your google calendar.
Wednesday, 1 December 2021
Sunday, 1 August 2021
Match official appointments are sent by email from Rugby Xplorer, typically at the beginning of the week for that next weekend. Changes are often made up until Friday evening so please do check your email Saturday morning!
Be sure to click to accept or reject the appoint ASAP (so that referee rearrangement can be done early).
By Thursday they usual settle and we update these lists for your reference: Appointments PDF and Appointments XLSX. Refer to these lists to see who else is at or near your ground that you might be able watch or support in anyway.
Monday, 12 April 2021
Rugby Xplorer, its pretty likely you'll get appointed to a game. If you then cannot accept that appointment, you will make at least 3 people (up to about 8) very grumpy.
For step by step guidance see Entering your unavailability in Rugby Xplorer.
Top tips for recording your unavailability:
- Enter your unavailability ASAP (appointments planning is done over weeks and months, not week to week)
- Use the website not the app
- Always check Referee and Referee Coach boxes (even if you are not an accredited referee coach, you might be appointed in this category to mentor another referee)
- Always include times as well as dates (you might only be out for the morning, or afternoon, or it could be all weekend).